Gourmet Style, Easy Steps!
feLIZ Holidays to everybody! End of year, regardless of your background or religious affiliation, proves to be a time of family and enjoying the simple things in life. Here in the USA, one of the most classic comfort dishes is Mac N' Cheese. And who doesn't love a good Mac N' Cheese?!
Knock your guests socks off with this quick and easy recipe! Promise to satisfy :)
Macaroni Elbows (1 box)
1/2 block of Gruyere Cheese
1/2 block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Pint of Light Cream
4 Tablespoons of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Flour
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees... then begin the below
1. Cook Macaroni as usual, drain and set aside
2. In a saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add 1/2 pint of cream
3. Gradually add flour to the melted mixture, making a roux
4. Gradually add cheese, waiting for cheese to melt, until it is all melted! You can have fun with this part. Mix and match your cheeses. Maybe you want more cheddar than gruyere, or vice versa. Maybe you want to throw in some parmesan! Stick with the proportions and do as you please. And really at the end of the day, you really can't have TOO MUCH cheese...
5. Lightly coat the bottom of a baking dish in butter. Pour the already cooked macaroni on top
6. Pour your cheese sauce over the macaroni. The cheese may clump - don't worry about that! Take out a spatula and evenly distribute the cheese mixture across the macaroni
7. You don't want your macaroni to dry out while you're baking, (more likely to happen than you may think it is), so this step is crucial! Take the extra 1/2 of light cream and pour it into the baking dish evenly across the macaroni. Use your judgement on this part, as to whether you add the full other 1/2 pint or not
8. Lastly! Sprinkle some Paprika and light salt (if desired) across the top! Here you could also grate some Parmesan Cheese to have a crispy, cheesy top
9. Pop your tray into the oven! Bake for around 30 minutes, and then ENJOY!!
I swear this will be a hit!! Let me know if you try it out!! AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!