In my FIRST ever FElizFOODIE post, I would like to first and foremost thank you for visiting my page! (To know more about me, and why this blog is here, please visit the “About Me” section of my site)
For this first post I am going to keep it simple and start off with a recipe I invented tonight for dinner! This was a completely impromptu, experimental dinner that came out way too delicious to not write down, and repeat over and over again!
FElizFOODIE simple & quick SPICY STEAK TACOS!
Steak of YOUR preference
1 sweet onion
1 garlic clove
1 large Jalapeno, or other spicy pepper of choice
Small taco-size soft corn tortillas (Mission brand is the best!)
Crispy Fried Onions
Freshly Ground Pepper
Hot Sauce of preference
1. Dice & chop half the sweet onion, the jalapeno and the garlic clove as small as possible
2. Heat a medium-sized saucepan to medium heat, drizzle with EVOO and add onion, garlic, jalapeno mix. Sautee until crispy brown and remove from the sauce pan
3. While the onion mix is sautéing, chop steak into small cubes. Season with salt & freshly ground pepper
4. Add cubed steak to sauce pan on HIGH with EVOO and cook until edges are no longer red. Once this happens, add the onion, garlic, jalapeno mix to the pan
5. Continue to cook steak to desired temperature. Squeeze half a fresh lime over the steak before removing from the pan!
6. Fill your soft tacos with the delicious steak mixture, top with sliced avocado, your crispy fried onions and a dash of hot sauce, and ENJOY!